For Community Workers
Training and Resources for Migrant and Refugee Reproductive and Sexual Health
True can work with your organisation to provide tailored training in order to increase the effectiveness of your staff in undertaking their role when working with people from migrant and refugee background (including international students, visitors, and travellers).
This customisable training aims to increase the competency and confidence of community workers in communicating with clients from refugee and migrant backgrounds in aspects of reproductive and sexual health.
Course content can include:
- Communicating about contraception and sexual health
- Healthy relationships and consent
- Culture and reproductive and sexual health
- Working with interpreters and translators in reproductive and sexual health
- FGM/C (Female genital cutting)
- Communicating with clients who have experienced or are experiencing torture, trauma and violence
- Engaging with intersections of gender, age, sexuality and gender diversity (LGBTIQ+), and disability.
Who should register?
- LGBTIQ+ sector
- Aged care sector
- Migrant and refugee health or settlement
- Law enforcement
- Border protection and customs
- Adult Migrant English Program teachers
- Child sexual abuse and sexual assault services
- Education: support team, school nurses, teachers, and guidance officers.
Face to Face Training:
Expression of Interest
Online Learning (self-paced)
Migrant and Refugee LGBTIQ+ Cultural Safety
Responding to Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting/Circumcision
Talking Reproductive and Sexual Health Flipchart
Factsheets and Translated Information
For enquiries about any of these courses or for further information, email email@example.com