Cairns Sexual Assault Service
If you have experienced sexual assault or sexual abuse at any time in your life, you are not to blame.
Cairns Sexual Assault Service (CSAS) provides a free and confidential service for anyone affected by sexual violence. We provide the following for those seeking support:
- Information and support for victims/survivors of sexual violence and their non-offending partners, family members, carers, friends or support people
- Face-to-face and telephone counselling
- Referral and advocacy throughout police and legal processes
- In-service, secondary consultation and resources for professionals working with anyone who has experienced sexual assault or sexual abuse
- 24-hour crisis support for anyone presenting at the Cairns Hospital Emergency Department or the police after a recent sexual assault
- On-site clinical care, including STI checks, pregnancy testing and emergency contraception
- Community education
CSAS services are free and confidential. We have strict guidelines to ensure your information is private and secure. Any records of your contact with us are kept indefinitely, and you can access your records by request. More information on accessing records, privacy and confidentiality is available by contacting the service, and given in your first session.
CSAS is an inclusive service supporting all people impacted by sexual violence (recent or historic) regardless of age, gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, religion, personal values or cultural background. Our sister service, True Child & Family Service, supports children and young people who have experienced sexual assault or child sexual abuse, or who engage in sexually reactive behaviours.
If you require a support person or have specific communication (translator or sign interpreter), cultural or physical access needs, please let us know so appropriate arrangements can be made in advance.
For all appointments, call CSAS on 07 4031 3590 or email your details and we will contact you via the button below: