Capability, Confidence & Diversity Initiative
The Capability, Confidence and Diversity Initiative (CCDI) provides support for school staff in Queensland to maintain educational environments inclusive of all students, including those who may be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+). This work is guided by social and emotional wellbeing frameworks, embedded in education policies and procedures.
Phone or online support
Employees from Queensland State Schools and Department of Education Offices can contact for information and advice about:
- LGBTIQ+ inclusive education practice, policy and resources
- School wide approaches to supporting LGBTIQ+ social and emotional wellbeing
- Supporting trans or gender diverse students to affirm their gender
- Metropolitan, regional and remote referral options
- Professional support and development options
Support phone line (during school terms):
- Ph (07) 3250 0202
- Mondays 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Wednesdays 1:00pm – 4:00pm
If the phone line is busy, please leave a message with your name, school details and return phone number or email address. Alternatively, email email@example.com.
Learn more about the professional development options available here. Individual modules can be selected and tailored to respond to training needs and school cultural contexts.
Who's it for?
- Principals, administration staff and leadership teams
- Teachers and teacher-aides
- Guidance officers, youth workers and mental health coaches, school chaplains
- School based youth health nurses
- Staff in regional Department of Education offices
- Online (Zoom or Microsoft Teams)
- Face to face (travel fees may apply for locations 120 km from Brisbane)
Bursaries are available for Queensland State Schools.
Self-Paced Online Modules
These modules are available for free for school-based staff:
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3250 0257.