The purpose of the cervical screening course is to deliver knowledgeable and appropriately skilled cervical screening providers capable of enhancing the delivery of the National Cervical Screening Program (NCSP) to Australian women.
The course will enable participants to develop cervical screening theoretical knowledge and practical skills to prepare them to competently perform all aspects of cervical screening services and to meet national standards for healthcare cervical screening providers.
This course provides an education pathway for novices new to cervical screening as well as an upskilling pathway for those with prior training and experience performing cervical screening.
Current AHPRA registration as a:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- Enrolled Nurse
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner
- Minimum 12 months of post-graduate experience
- Must work in a setting where cervical screening services are provided
This course comprises of 3 modules:
Module 1 – Theory component
2 days face-to-face theory workshop with prior *pre-reading online (approx. 6 hours) provided. On Day 3 of the workshop, a practical, hands-on session with clinical teaching associates providing direction from the patient perspective.
* Estimated 6 hours online work completed / reviewed within 6 weeks of course date.
Module 2 – Assessment component
Online assessment comprises of a multiple-choice questionnaire. This online assessment is an open book assessment. The online assessment is required to be completed with an 80% pass prior to commencing Module 3.
Module 3 – Practical component
Following successful completion of Modules 1 & 2, candidates may register for the practical component. Download and complete the Employer’s Endorsement form to upload during registration. A clinical portfolio is provided to record all training. A minimum of 15 cervical screens is required for competency. This component can be completed in one of the following ways:
- Workplace Training Facilitation – All 15 cervical screens achieved with an *Endorsed Clinical Supervisor in own workplace ($100)
- True Trainer in Workplace – A True trainer provided training within own workplace (quote on application)
- True Clinic & Workplace – Training in first 6 cervical screens in a True Clinic and remainder 9 cervical screens with an *Endorsed Clinical Supervisor in own workplace ($550). This option is subject to very limited availability only and is not available at all times and therefore cannot be relied upon for completion of training requirements.
*An Endorsed Clinical Supervisor is approved by True for suitability to supervise. Click here to download Application for Clinical Supervisor Endorsement – Cervical Screening. This application may be submitted for approval after registration and prior to commencing any practical training in the work place.
The aim of this course is to provide an opportunity for health professionals to develop cervical screening practice knowledge and skills. Successful completion of the clinical attachment will allow the non-medical candidates to be eligible to apply to their employers to become an authorised non-medical cervical screening provider in their workplace.
Please note: Candidates are to ensure cervical screening is within their scope of practice.
|Cost - Module 1 & 2:
||$950 (includes GST)
(Upskilling - $600 - Module 1 & 2)
||Blended - online & face-to-face workshop
||Online - ~6 hours
Thursday, 14 - Saturday, 16 February 2019
Thursday, 21 - Saturday, 23 March 2019
Thursday, 2 - Saturday, 4 May 2019
|Registration opens soon!
||Light lunch and refreshments