Capability, Confidence and Diversity initiative
Principals and school leadership structures support inclusive learning environments for all students, working in partnership with parents and carers. This work is guided by social and emotional wellbeing frameworks, embedded in education policies and procedures.
The Capability, Confidence and Diversity Initiative provides professional development and support for school staff in Queensland to maintain educational environments inclusive of all students, including those who may be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+). This involves phone support, online and mixed mode professional development, and advice for schools to enhance parent and carer engagement.
Employees from Queensland State Schools and Department of Education Offices can contact True for support, information and advice in areas of:
- Support for school wide approaches to social and emotional wellbeing
- Advice on engaging parents and carers
- Information on LGBTIQ+ inclusive education practice
- Support to identify metropolitan, regional and remote referral options
- Advice on administrative tasks such as procedures, forms and documents
- Information on how to support a trans or gender diverse student to affirm their gender
- Support in seeking ongoing professional support avenues
The support line phone number is (07) 3250 0202. This phone line is open on Mondays from 1.30pm to 4.30pm and Tuesdays from 11am to 2pm during school term.
Alternatively, emails requesting support can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the phone line is busy, please leave a message with your name, school details and either a return phone number or email address.
Online and mixed mode professional development is available via True’s learning management system and online web conferencing software. Download the Capability, Confidence and Diversity brochure to read more about this suite of engaging and informative professional development options. Individual modules can be selected and tailored responding to staff training needs and the school’s geographical and cultural contexts.
Who's it for?
- Principals and teachers
- Guidance officers
- Youth mental health coaches
- School based counselling staff
- School chaplains
- School administration staff
- Staff in regional Department of Education offices
- Face to face (can occur at locations within 120 km from Brisbane)
Bursaries available for Queensland State Schools
For further information please contact email@example.com or phone 07 3250 0257.