Education sessions for people with disability

Due to current social distancing regulations, the Looking After Me Program (LAMP) is now temporarily available online.

LAMP will run in the usual format with interactive activities, video clips, links to websites and copies of educational brochures provided to supplement online sessions.

Sessions will be conducted using Zoom or Teams, which are secure, web browser-based services. The participant will be provided with an individual link for each session, which will only be shared with them. No equipment or special software is required.

Participants will just need to be able to access a secure and stable internet connection and a laptop, PC, or tablet for the sessions with a camera, speaker, and microphone function. They will also need a current email address to have the meeting link sent to join the sessions. Having a trusted adult to support the participant throughout each session is still a pre-requisite if they are a child, or an adult requiring support. If there are problems with internet connection on the day of the appointment, the session will be rescheduled.

Please book your package in the usual way. Following payment, an educator will be in touch to make a suitable time for a virtual meeting.

Looking after me education packages have been developed to provide information about relationships and sexuality. The topics are designed to meet the needs of children, young people and adults with disability in a way that supplements education provided by families, schools, and service providers.

Looking after me is education that uses visual resources, simple language and interactive activities to proactively teach people with disability about topics such as bodies, growing up, relationships and personal safety, age-appropriately. It does not provide counselling. A support person (such as a parent, carer, support worker, youth worker) attends each education session with the person with disability and can continue conversations and learning following the Looking after me program.*

True is committed to supporting people with disability to have the choice and control that will help them to achieve their goals, including participating in education. Looking after me is person-centred and is only facilitated with the participant’s consent to education. Prior to registering for Looking after me, please talk to the person with disability about the program and their willingness to participate.

*Without a consistent and an appropriate support person (that the person with disability is happy with), Looking after me sessions may not go ahead.

In addition to Looking after me, True offers group education sessions for people with disability, school programs, and professional development training for schools and organisations.


Education is provided during LAMP sessions. LAMP does not provide counselling and is not a crisis response service or an investigative service for sexual assault. If you reasonably suspect that a child is experiencing sexual abuse contact the Police 000 or Department of Child Safety. Further, if you are an adult experiencing sexual abuse or relationship violence, (or you support an adult with disability experiencing this) call 1800 RESPECT or visit the 1800 RESPECT website.