Hours: 3 days per week (45hrs per fortnight)
Applications: 5 March 2018 -
Are you a doctor with a passion for education and sexual and reproductive health? True are looking for a Regional Medical Officer to provide leadership in the planning, coordination and provision of high quality clinical services whilst ensuring best practice in clinical service delivery.
As True’s Regional Medical Officer, you will have the opportunity to meet and work with experts in the field of sexual and reproductive health as well as continue to develop your own knowledge and skills in this area. True Relationships and Reproductive Health (True) is a well-respected lead agency for sexual and reproductive health services and education.
As the Regional Medical Officer you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing leadership in the planning, coordination and provision of high quality clinical service ensuring best practice in clinical service delivery
- Responsibility for providing specialised medical care, education and training in the area of reproductive and sexual health in accordance with the Clinical Practice Guidelines, protocols and the policies and procedures of True
- Contributing to the development of True’s clinical standards, guidelines and protocols and implementation as relevant to the local region
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining the model of service delivered by True in the region - Community Gynaecology
- Providing clinical governance and professional support to Medical Officers within True
There is also a requirement to work as a Medical Officer in our clinic for at least one session per week.
True is a leading provider of reproductive and sexual health services to people in Queensland. True offers clinical services, education and information across Queensland from its offices located in Brisbane, Cairns, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba and the Gold Coast as well as the sexual assault service in Cairns.
True is a pro-choice organisation and is a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee.
If you are progressive, innovative, creative and contemporary, this reputed statewide nonprofit is looking for you.
A brief response is required to each of the following criteria:
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Medical Practitioner)
- SH&FPA Medical Practitioner certificate or equivalent or willingness to obtain within designated time frame
- Experience in IUD and Implanon insertion
- Advanced skills in Women’s Health
- Awareness of key issues in supporting an effective and safe working environment including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical behaviour
- Preparedness to undertake further training and attain certification in colposcopy
- Experience identifying and analysing opportunities, exercising judgment and making decisions
- Ability to lead complex decision making process including consultation with peers and team, to make decisions and to implement those decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment and lead change
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, consult, negotiate, problem-solve and resolve conflict
- With support from the Medical Director demonstrate an ability to provide clinical leadership and management of local medical officers
- Expertise and experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health
- Eligible to obtain VR Medicare provider number for clinic location
Click here to view the full position description.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Sharon Stokell – Business Manager, Clinical Services and Operations at email@example.com.
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter with your CV and a short response to each of the selection criteria.