Brisbane (Windsor area)
Applications: 20 December 2017 - 31 January 2018
16 hours per week, Thursday & Friday (negotiable)
True Relationships and Reproductive Health (True) formerly FPQ, has a current vacancy for a Nurse Educator.
As the Nurse Educator you will coordinate, and deliver clinical education and training products, and provide clinical practice facilitation face-to-face and through our online eLearning system.
You will also be required to:
- Coordinate, and deliver clinical education and training products, and provide clinical practice facilitation for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals
- Coordinate and broker clinical education and training products for other health professionals, including medical practitioners
- Participate in reviewing, evaluating and developing the range of clinical educational/training products delivered by True
- Coordinate and provide direct capacity development support to the non-medical cervical screening workforce in relation to the Queensland Health Cervical Screening Program
True is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health services to people in Queensland. True offers clinical services, education and information throughout Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba and the Gold Coast.
True is a pro-choice organisation.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Registered Nurse)
- Current authorisation as a Queensland non-medical Pap smear provider (NPSP) or willingness to become one
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practices and demonstrated experience in the coordination and delivery of clinical facilitation/education
- Demonstrated experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health, including an understanding of issues in contemporary clinical practice, education and primary health needs
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships and partnerships with key state clinical services, medical education bodies, relevant research organisations, internal and external customers and colleagues
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, consult, negotiate, problem solve and resolve conflict
- Experience achieving agreed educational service outcomes in a dynamic environment
- Alignment with True vision, mission and values
- Some flexibility will be required and the ability to travel regionally.
Click here to view the full Nurse Educator position description.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions about the role please email Alice Evans, CEO at email@example.com.
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter with your CV and a short response to each of the selection criteria.