Ipswich, Capalaba, Inala, & Logan
Applications: 5 March 2018 -
Hours to be negotiated
True Relationships and Reproductive Health (True) has vacancies for Medical Officers to work with Queensland’s leading providers in women’s health.
The role of the Medical Officer is to:
- Provide specialised medical care, education and training in the area of women’s health in accordance with Clinical guidelines and the policies
- Work collaboratively with the nursing staff to meet client needs, supporting the clinical guidelines, and providing medical leadership as required
- Contribute to development and implementation of the clinical standards, guidelines and protocols
True offers clinical, education and information in sexual and reproductive health throughout Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba and the Gold Coast as well as 13 remote locations across Queensland.
True is a pro-choice organisation.
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (Medical Practitioner).
- VR Medicare provider number is essential.
- SH&FPA Medical Practitioner certificate or equivalent or willingness to obtain within designated time frame.
- Awareness of key issues in supporting an effective and safe working environment including employment equity, antidiscrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical behaviour.
- Experience or willingness to undertake further training in the areas of:
- Complex Contraception
- IUD and Implanon insertion
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Sexually transmissible infections
- Cervical screening
- Menstrual problems
- Vaginal and vulval symptoms
- Breast Health
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues
Click here to view the full Medical Officer position description.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Sharon Stokell – Business Manager, Clinical Services and Operations at email@example.com.
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter with your CV and a short response to each of the selection criteria.